Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Summer Goal

My brother Sam started a golfing blog (look to the right) - I did not know this. I was reading it and he was talking about how excited he is for the golfing season. He truly does love the game. Just the other day I had this urge to go to the driving range. I was on the golf team in high school, and I was pretty good. Hey! I even made it in the newspaper (I still have the clipping). Haha I told Sam on a comment I made that I was going to go to the driving range and maybe even play some rounds with my dad. Where are my clubs? No idea. Probably in my parent's storage unit. How long has it been since I have swung a club? Probably 3 or 4 years. YIKES! It's going to be ugly when I do go to the driving range. So Sam, you better hold me to my goal and push me out to the driving range. Wish me luck! PS That will be me in the above cartoon when I do go.....

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Good luck with the golfing. I am pretty sure golfing was one of the most embarrassing moments I have had with your family. I really did look like that cartoon....about 20 times in a row (deer creek)!

Unknown said...

I tried to golf once about eight years ago. Couldn't hit the ball. So embarrasing, and frustrating! May try it again someday. You'll have fun I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Have fun!!!! I have never golfed before, only twice at a little put-put range and I sucked it up big time... I was like that guy in your picture!
Have fun and make the most of the summer, get Nick out there with you... you could be like a little old couple out there golfing!