Wednesday, January 12, 2011

3 MoNtH eVaL

I had my 3 month evaluation on January 3. I can't believe it's already been 3 months since I started working at Sky Lakes Medical Center! I was so nervous for this evaluation - I'm not sure why but I was. I sat down with my manager and the first thing she asks me is, "How do you think it's going"? I told her I think it's going well. (Does she agree? Disagree?) She agreed. :) She then showed me this list of responsibilities that pertain specifically to the "Discharge Planner" position - AKA me. We went through each responsibility (i.e. visiting the patient in a timely manner, charting in a timely manner, charting appropriately, etc). There were two columns: pass or follow-up. She had to put a check mark where she thought I was...I passed every item. No check marks for follow-up. :) She told me that she thinks I'm a good fit and glad that they hired me. :) I told her that I love this job and love the atmosphere and people I work with. She asked me if there was anything she could do better. Of course not. I really do like my manager. She's a great woman. The people I work with - social workers, RN, case managers, LPN - are great people. I learn something new everyday, if not multiple things. This job has taught me a lot about myself. It has taught me that I am a confident person and I shouldn't doubt my abilities. I do make a difference in lots of people's lives and I should give myself more credit. No day is ever the same working in the hospital. Some patients are a challenge, but it always turns out in the end. I love working with people. Today I even had a sweet old man kiss my hand and tell me I was a "good lookin' lady." This job truly is a blessing everyday.

2 comments:

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

I'm not surprised in the least! You are an amazing gal, and I'm sure you are just excelling at your job!

Lauren MacKenzie Conley said...

Of course you're excellent at what you do! I'm so glad you love your job so much! Isn't it a huge blessing when you enjoy what you do and the people you do it with?

...I miss you. :(