Monday, September 15, 2008

stress

As far as the engaged couple goes...we are still alive and happy as always. We love being engaged but would love it even more if we were married. This past week we have learned some lessons about each other and about 'us' as a couple. Life unfortunately brings you stress and I know that I need Nic when I'm stressed. I will admit that I do sometimes use him as an outlet, but he is always there by my side being supportive. I hope I can speak for Nic when I say that he needs me as well when he's stressed. It was kind of a crazy, busy work week for him - there was nothing I could do to alleviate his stress but keep trying to be supportive. Can I just say that it will be so much better when we are married? When I'm stressed, I take comfort in knowing that I will be able to come home to a loving husband. I hope he takes comfort in knowing that he will be able to come home to a freshly cooked delicious meal, clean home, and his wonderful wife...ok so that might not always happen, but he can come home to a supportive wife trying to do those things. Despite stress coming our way, it only helped us grow closer together and deepen our relationship. Long distance is no walk in the park, but there is something to be said of taking that walk together.

2 comments:

Aaron and Carrie Warnick said...

it is always nice to have your other half there for you no matter what the experience is that your going through especially when it is rough. I am glad that you are there for eachother. Miss you guys. I hope all is going alright and hope the stress gets better!

Anja said...

Tim & I did LOTS of long distance before we got married. I think it brought us much closer as a couple. You guys are great and things will get better!