Monday, November 2, 2009

HaLlOwEeN 09

This year's Halloween started off with a trip to Goodwill for our costumes. Original idea: me as an 80's girl and Nic as a cowboy. That plan failed and we found this great hat for Nic for $.49! He ended up as a... Scarecrow. He even asked me to do his make-up for him! If I do recall, his words were something like "I can't believe I'm even asking this, but will you do my make-up for me?" Priceless. My 80's outfit wasn't quite coming together so at Wal-Mart I found a kid's cat costume (ears, bowtie and tail). Black cat it is. Nic was cooking his Chicken Chili for our ward party. Now you get the idea of our full costumes...
Rarrrr. I'm a cat on the prowl...
Front of the costume
Cute pic of the 2 of us...
We had a yummy chili dinner and dessert. Nic made Road Kill Chili (aka Chicken Chili). It turned out really well and then we had a trunk - or - treat. Here's our trunk all Halloweened out. Those are skeleton lights - great investment we made for the years to come. After our party, we went to Freddies and got Halloween decorations - they were on sale. Woo hoo! We had a Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Dani said...

I always buy decorations on sale the day of or after the holiday. Smart sister of mine! Cute costumes by the way!

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Yep, buying after the holiday is the way to go! It must run in the pants. :) Great costumes - looks like a fun weekend!

KP said...

you guys look so great!! yay!
presh. love you alli.
wait. i got your paris text i just forgot to text you back right away. but i miss you too!!! and keep listening to her. she has good songs! lol.