Thursday, September 15, 2011

nO pAiN, nO gAiN?

We're all familiar with the phrase "No pain, no gain." I'm here to tell you, you don't gain anything with pain. It's not worth fighting. Side note: I'm not writing this post to complain. For the past few months, I've been experiencing on again, off again lower back pain. Always in the same spot - right on my spine. Whoo eee! It did not feel good. Recently it has taken on the more constant approach. I decided to do something about it (remember my abdominal pain?). Once again, Nic was right. My mom was right. Everyone was right. This isn't normal and it makes life just plain difficult. I started seeing a chiropractor, which...isn't helping. I'll still give him a chance, but I did schedule an appointment with an orthopedic doctor. It makes me nervous just thinking about it, because I'm really hoping nothing serious is wrong. It's probably just me being a "worry wart," worst case scenario girl. I'd rather have it checked out to give me peace of mind. So really, I don't know what the heck is going on. Just remember that in instances like this, you don't gain anything by sticking with the pain.

In other news...I'M TEACHING A DANCE CLASS! Dang am I excited. I was asked to teach a pre-tap class at the same studio I taught awhile back. I am so excited to be teaching one of my favorite dances: tap. I love it and can't wait to teach the little ones. I'm nervous about this too. It has worked out with my hospital job. The class is on Tuesdays 3:30-5. The class is a pre-ballet/pre-tap class. I asked my boss if I could do this and she said as long as I work my 8 hours: in to work at 6:30 and off at 3 with a 30 minute lunch - sounds perfect.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Man--I'm so sorry you're having back problems..not fun. Hopefully you'll get is all figured out soon! But okay, so jealous you are teaching dance! That sounds like such a blast!!

mom-jayne said...

Kenny would tell you to give PT a try!!! I know about back pain and it is NOT fun...so sorry you are having problems. Teaching dance...FUN!!! Good for you!!

Molly said...

What age of kids can start that class? I know Christa would love it once she's old enough!