Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Marley & Me

This should have been with the previous post, but I forgot to add it in. Also on Saturday night to go along with our Wal-Mart pizza, Nic and I got a movie from Redbox: Marley & Me. I'll admit that I was skeptical about watching this movie. I didn't think it looked all that great, but my rents-in-law watched it and said they really enjoyed it...Watched it....cried at the end....credits rolling and I was still teary-eyed. I cried at the end, because it made me think one of the dogs my parents have: Moki. How stupid is that? I was crying over a movie because I thought of Moki. I felt ridiculous crying over it. Moki is an absolute sweetheart and we have had him for so many years. Apparently the thought of losing him made me cry. I love that dog. I know my family can attest that he is one of the greatest dogs that we have ever had. Plus! He's the dog we've had the longest! I don't know how much longer he'll live, because he has arthritis and a thyroid problem, but he is always there to greet with you a smile or his Elvis impersonation. Love that dog.

4 comments:

Lauren MacKenzie Conley said...

my dog is psycho.
but so cute.
saw that movie with bryce and his mom and sis, SO good. All 3 were crying - except for me.
I felt left out.
I was told I was heartless.
ha.

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

That movie made me cry, too. I could relate to a lot of what was in it...And yes, Moki is the best dog ever, and it will be so sad when he is not with us anymore. You couldn't ask for a better dog!

suzanne said...

I was telling April about how I thought that perhaps it wouldn't be so bad at this point to take him in and I just choked up.........just like I"m doing typing this!

mom-jayne said...

I'm not an animal loving person, but must admit that Moki is one of a kind. Any dog that can do Elvis impersonations has something special. Haven't seen the movie, but I will and I know I will cry....everyone that has seen it has. I'm almost choking up thinking of all of you choking up!