Tuesday, October 11, 2011

DaY 1 & 2

As I go through the process of learning how to meditate, I am writing down my experiences with each "session" (I don't know what else to call them :).

DAY 1 October 9, 2011: Sunday has been a rough day and I have been very down on myself. I thought it would be the perfect day to start meditating. I did about 20 minutes of a guided meditation CD (male's voice). I was so relaxed afterwards. I didn't feel anger or stress as I had previously. It was a wonderful feeling. I did my meditation sitting on the floor in my living room - legs crossed, eyese closed, and arms relaxed on my legs. I noticed that by the end of the session, my body and mind felt so relaxed that I was slouching. I think day 1 was a success.

DAY 2 October 10, 2011: I tried a PM Yoga Meditation CD (female's voice) - I think it was about 20 minutes. This is supposed to help you clear your mind and relieve the stresses of the day. I think I prefer the male's voice over the female's voice. On 10.9 I was sitting and tonight I tried lying down thinking this would help me relax more. I think on 10.11 I will try either sitting or lying on the bed. There were many things distracting me (uncomfortable on the floor, cold, too much light even though the lights were off) - I had a hard time focusing my mind, but by the end I did feel very relaxed. It's trial and error for me as a beginner meditator.

*Tonight I will be trying the PM Yoga Meditation again, but will do a different "session" on the CD. I'm going to be on my bed (with the lights off and the computer not facing me). We shall see if this helps. I'm thinking a sleeping mask would definitely help in PM meditations. Hmmm....

No comments: