Tuesday, October 20, 2009

dance practice numero uno

Last night I had my first dance practice...I LOVED IT! I was so nervous, just because I didn't want to look like a dumb dumb because I haven't dance in 4-5 years! Come to find out, there are girls who have no or little dance experience...I felt so much better. We started off stretching and introducing ourselves...I am the oldest person on the team...super senior baby! haha Then we did some floor exercises (turns and kicks) and next came learning the dance. The beginning of the dance is to the song by Shakira called "She Wolf." Our dance team captain, Hailee, doesn't like doing one song for dances - she likes to mix it up. It was so much fun! My quads were already sore from doing chairs (aka squats) in yoga (yeah that's right, yoga made me sore), but I loved to be back dancing. This is going to be a huge commitment, but one I am willing to make. I have another practice tonight as well. Woo hoo! This is going to be a great workout for me - doing what I love! :)

4 comments:

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

That's the best way to workout - doing something you enjoy! You'll have to post videos!

mom-jayne said...

Shake it baby-shake it!! Way to go Ali!! So glad you had fun. I like Summer's idea of posting video! :)

Unknown said...

How fun! I miss dancing too. Have fun workin' it! Much love!

Molly said...

cant wait to come and see you dance!